Friday, January 18, 2008

Canton-I @ 1 Utama

Searching for new eateries in 1 Utama? Let's not worry much cause there's one new Chinese Restaurant opened not long ago and I am talking about Canton-I. Located in between da old and new wing of 1 Utama, it's not hard to spot this oriental looks eatery as it's just few doors away from Carl's Jr Burger. I quite like da atmosphere here though with good lightings and it just feels so comfortable with their oriental environment.

We looked through da menu for quite some time and found out that they serve mainly Noodle, Rice, Congee, varieties of Dim Sum and Hong Kong style Dessert. Like any other HK style Chinese Restaurant, you can choose your Noodle to be paired with Roasted Chicken, Duck, Pork and etc. What is special about this place is that they serve Pork Knuckle Noodle and darling immediately wanted to try it. As seen, da type of Noodle that they serve is "Wan Tan Mee" and darling chose to have da dry version instead of soup. Bear in mind, it's more expensive for da dry version, RM 11.80++ per plate while for da soup based Noodle, it's priced at RM 10.80++. Darling mentioned that da Pork Knuckle was really delicious, at least something different compare with other places so it was all good for his plate of Noodle.

Initially, I wanted to order their Pig's Liver and Kidney Noodle but da staff told me that they actually serve only Pig's Liver Noodle as da menu is wrongly printed. Huh? Wrongly printed? What a mistake they made. I felt so disappointed as I thought I could try something different. Since it's only Pig's Liver, I decided to give it a pass. Instead, I went for their Combination Noodle (RM 12.80++) where I had da Roasted Chicken mixed with Roasted Pork. I have no complains at all on their meat, da Pork was really crispy and juicy while da Chicken meat was so tender that I absolutely love chewing them. However, I didn't quite like their Noodle. I don't know about darling but I find it really hard to chew da Noodle and I got to take a very long time to finish up my plate of "Wan Tan Mee" which I think I should have asked them to "cut" da unbreakable Noodle for me. This kind of "Wan Tan Mee" just not da one that I favour. Perhaps I still prefer those hawker style Noodle, cheap and chewable! ;)

Besides da Noodle, darling also ordered a plate of Radish Cake. Not cheap, RM 6++ per plate. I find it very oily but darling kept telling me that it's pan fried hence da oil. Well, guess I still prefer it to be steamed.

Overall, food is okay here but be prepared to pay extra for their atmosphere and environment. I mean, you just have to pay for everything over here even da Wet Tissue which costs RM 1 per packet and for one glass of Plain Water too. I don't know about others but I find it a bit ridiculous since it's just a glass of Plain Water. Anyways, no harm to try this place and I thought of bringing our parents here soon and would really love to hear their comments ;)

28 comments:

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

I'm very tempted to try the pork knuckles noodles. It does look delicious...and extremely sinful!!! Yummmzzz.

Big Boys Oven said...

gosh we walk pass this place and saw their pineapple tart in pastry ... gosh look so fantastic, I guess this will be another great palce to be, my opinion, can be cheaper compare to others in this mall! another alternative dining!

yammylicious said...

darn long time nv visit 1u already doesn't know what's new thr.. mostly went thr for midnite show.. Pork Knuckle look so tender.. slurp!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

haha tat gives me a good idea..to ask if el cerdo can do a plate of sphagetti when i order their knuckle!

Jason said...

I guess the noodle must be not cooked thoroughly, hence it's a bit hard to chew on.

Christy said...

Guess you must be pretty busy lately!:D
This place looks unique, and I agree with you, radish cake ought to be steamed!!;) It's nicer...and I always prefer steamed stuffs:p

ai wei said...

oooh-ooh?! food here so-so, but their interior looks comfy n nice. their food also not cheap >___<

Timothy said...

Sometimes, you can't tell 1 eye from the other ....

There's just too many Hong Kong-styled restaurants in Malaysia now. I just had one today in The Gardens ... fortunately the food is pretty good, until they served Xiao Long Pau.

Imbi & Itchy said...

how come they did not change the menu huh, after all they are such big establishment .. what is printing a few sets.

Kok said...

meiyen,
Whenever I saw the noodles photo at any floggers' blog, I always thought of sending Sarawak's Kolo Mee for you all to review. haha! No offense ok? :)

And the radish cake was too oily. I can see a layer of oil on the radish cake. And no doubt, very expensive for 3 pieces.

Plain water... Yes, I also think it's ridiculous to charge the customer for it. In Miri, they charge a glass of plain water for RM0.30!

Primrose said...

Did I tell you that I simply love the wantan noodle type (I think it's called egg noodles)? I can eat is kosong. :) I'm heading to OneU tomorrow, so this is a must-try.

Hazza said...

I have not had really crispy siu yoke in PJ, so may give this place a try next time just for this. Was the restaurant busy at the time.. your noodles may be tough because its not boiled long enough and also they may have used too much oil to fry the radish cake beacuse it will cook quicker.

♥ ♡ Alvin ♡ ♥ said...

Pork Knuckle Noodle!!! really tempting~ :)``` hungry ah!

~Christine~Leng said...

the pork looks crispy! would love to give this place a try :)
but.. the radish cake looks oily tho ;P

ekeng said...

Pork Knuckle Noodle look so tempting la...i will go there soon :)

kent said...

radish cake.........look so delixious!!!

monsieur ck
[New Year, New Life, New Journey for Food!]
[go and visit my food journey blog http://kent1992.blogspot.com]

wenching & esiong said...

We passed by this restaurant yesterday at 1 Utama, thought of trying it out but went to Pasta Zanmai instead. Thanks for the review! Will try this place out soon!

KampungboyCitygal said...

the egg tart was awesome! U must try

MeiyeN said...

lemongrass, oh yes.. da pork knuckle noodle is worth da money i would say.. at least, something different! :))

bigboysoven, da items here not to say very cheap, quite expensive compare to others though but...it's okay to try! :)

yammylicious, i don't even remember when was da last time i actually watched a midnight show.. too old for that... lol.. hope that you gonna try this place soon and see if you like their dishes here ;)

joe, that sounds great! :D

jason, really? i had big problems chewing them... find it so annoying! :p

christy, oh yes.. very busy! :( work, work, work... and work! :(

aiwei, yeaps... agree with that! have you tried their pastries? heard it's pretty good though..

timothy, so da xiuloongbao was pretty bad huh? which eatery you are referring to if you don't mind me asking :p

imbi & itchy, da staff told me that they gonna change da menu soon but am not sure when.. lol..

kok, if only i can be at sarawak right now!!!!! :( poor me... never tried before.. so tempting to try them!

primrose, so.. did you try this place? let me know kay.. ;)

hazza, hi there! thanks for visiting my blog.... so da noodle isn't cooked throughly... what a shame :(

alvin, lol.. wait no more and go try it then! ;)

christine, yeaps... very oily! don't like it... :(

ekeng, let me know how you find their pork knuckle noodle yah..

kent, for sure! thanks for dropping by..

wenching&esiong, i tried pasta zanmai weeks ago.. will blog bout it soon!

citygal, really? okay.. next trip ;) thanks for da info!

Precious Pea said...

I walked pass the place but didn't get to try as Hubby wasn't at all interested to try. :(

Pork Liver noodle?? Er...maybe that would entice Hubby. Hahaha! I didn't know you like piggie's internal organs!

ling239 said...

the Radish Cake looks very oily ~ =.="

teckiee said...

ohh after reading Masak-masak's post.. and then Jackson told me about the egg tart... have to try it out.

Bernsy said...

the siu yoke really does look very enticing

MamaBoK said...

I would have love the liver and kidney noodles.. for sure. Roast pork is not my favorite. It's too bad they are petty about water and stuff. Not very good customer service eh.. :(

wmw said...

Can't keep up with all the eateries! Really!

JeromeFo- 杰龙 said...

Omg....the charsiu looks so
nice!!! lolx lolx.

Jco said...

Just try "Canton Bay" instead, do any one ever dine-in there?, it's located at Sunway Pyramid LG1

coffee-ping said...

wa... mouth watering Char Siew Mee... (O v O)

definitely worth the value of your RM11.80!!

how did u found such nice place?!